Full dataset and linked data
Full de-identified survey dataset
This dataset includes all individual surveys items, derived variables and scale scores. You must select an ALSWH Liaison person to advise on your project. Apply directly to ALSWH – the application process takes approximately 2 months (see closing dates below).
Additional sub datasets may also be requested, including:
- Qualitative data
- Child data
- Medications data
Linked health record data
May be requested along with the full survey dataset.
Use is strictly regulated. Approval will be sought from all relevant Human Research Ethics Committees and Data Custodians on your behalf. Note: this process is outside of our control and may take several months in addition to the standard application processing time.
Due to the complex nature of linked data, and ALSWH’s responsibilities to the data custodians:
- Students cannot lead a linked data project – it must be submitted by the supervisor.
- An ALSWH Project Liaison must be included in the project as a collaborator, and as an author on any publications.
- Only one new external (non-ALSWH) linked data user can be added on any EoI, unless a student will be undertaking the analysis, in which case, the supervisor should also be nominated.
Linked data for approved projects can only be accessed:
- At ALSWH sites at The University of Queensland or The University of Newcastle. Visits must be booked; access depends on the facilities and resources available.
- Remotely through the SURE facility, at the researcher’s expense.
Before you apply
- See current projects
- See survey data overview
- For linked data, see linked data overview and important considerations
- Review the flowchart
- Read the following documents:
- Discuss your proposal with your project liaison
- Prepare a draft application
- For linked data, complete the Linked Data Variable Request Form
Application closing dates
Please note the following ALSWH Data Access Committee meeting schedule for an approximate timeframe for processing Expressions of Interest. Once your project is approved, you will be required to complete additional documentation, relevant to your project type.
|Applications Close||Review Period||Notification of Outcome|
|31 January||February - March||Late March|
|31 March||April - May||Late May|
|31 May||June - July||Late July|
|31 July||August - September||Late September|
|30 September||October - November||Late November|
|30 November||December - January||Late January|